- The average American will spend $1,250 this holiday season on gifts, travel, and entertainment.
- Over half of us will receive unwanted gifts this year, worth over $16 BILLION!
- 18% of gifts are never used by the person who receives them
- 4% of gifts are immediately thrown into our landfills
- Our homes are already overcrowded. The average American home already has 300,000 items inside it
Clutter free gifts can easily be broken down into a few different categories.
I won't bore you with hundreds of ideas as these can go on forever. Here are just a few of each!
Starting with Experiences:
- Bowling Tickets
-Dinner Gift Card
-Salon Gift card (facial, mani/pedi, massage)
-Round of Golf
-Community Pool Passes
-Dollar Shave Club/Billie Razor
-National Parks/State Parks
-Date Night Out (gift cards/experiences)
-Oil Change (I mean who wants to pay for those!)
-Foreign Language Learning
-Karate/ Ju Jitsu
-Scuba Diving (would be a fun one for an upcoming vacation, too!)
-Meat/Cheeses from local creameries/markets
-Coffee Gift card
-Homemade Spice Mixes
-Baked Goods Mix in a Jar
What I really love is that these gifts range from $-$$$, you can still control how much you spend and keep your budget at the forefront of your mind! I also really love that some of these can still be homemade. You can also combine a few if you feel something isnt enough. For example: a self care kit with a gift card for a mani/pedi, you could throw in some facemasks or a bath bomb or two! I also really love that most of these gifts can be found locally through small businesses.
If you looking for one other idea, please consider giving to charity or to a family or shelter in need.
I hope you found these very helpful for gifting this holiday season. Always remember, it's not the gift that matters. It is the thought and the time spent with others that matter to us.
Gifts don't last - love & memories do!